I have started the engine with start gas .It sound ok.Later I will start with petrol also.I have ordered rims amd tires.Next job are to install the pipe from the gas tank to the petrol pump.Happy new 2014!
ignition and upholstry
The work has stopped for a while the ignition timing has not been correct.I have tried to start but it did work for only a halve a minute then a bang!The upholstery is next step I have a help from friend who has measured and planning to do the work in January.The rear window in wood is a copy being made due to the bad shape for the original one.I am also planning to buy new rims and tires.
Starting the engine
I have tried to start the engine.After some troubles with the ignition timing have I mounted a correct-i think worm gear that drives the oilpump,waterpump,generator and the ignition.It does not fires well yet.I have also blown a battery and also bought a new it is 140 Ah.The engine goes heavy and I am still working with that.I have installed the propellershaft.The wacumm-tank is now apart both of them see what I can do there.
The engine would not start .The problem was that the worm gear was not done correct.Mount it down and send to the shop and I hope to get there from soon.The transmission and the gearbox with the clutch brake are now installed and adjusted.The rear brakes are also adjusted.I am just waiting for the correct done worm gear so I can start it up!
Mounting for start
Engine and exhaust
I have mounted the exhaust.The engine is now in place but just temporary because I have not yet got the worm gear.That gear is now slowing down the work.Next to do is to take the engine apart in the front so the worm gear can be mounted then it is ok to mount it all permanent.The clutch is ready to mount in place.
Paint and engine
Engine and doors
I have cleaned the engine and the gearbox with heat and high-pressure wash and it seems to be like new!
The front door at the left side has new wood and plate been made but not yet mounted together.
The rear right door has been dismantled and the wood looks be in a very good condition it is only to take apart and perhaps one layer of varnish it is all to be required,perhaps
I am testing the mountings for the engine. I want to see how the firewall fits in with the cowl.
In the same way I am also fitting the post for the front door to the ash frame and the cowl .
As for the front cross member I have mounted a wooden piece to see how it fits with the third point of suspension