Tires and handles

The work the last weeks has been mounting the new tires to the new felloes.The handles are also mounted in place.The front window has glass been mounted and the rubber in the middle.The mounting of the steering wheel column has started with the bracket on the instrument panel.The rods for the ignition and gas is not yet ready.


Rear brakes

The oil pan is now in place but I forgot the oil pump line .That means more work to take the oil pan away so that I can mount the oil line correct.I am waiting on the worm and the oil pump so that I can assembly the hole engine.The transmission control lever rocker ball is worn out so it requires that a new one is being made.The clutch trow out unit has been taken apart ,cleaned and new grease in and it is working ok.Pinbolts 13 pieces for the manifold is new ones being made.The gasoline tank has I dismantled and a first cleaning being made by poring out sand and a newspaper from 1951?Next is sandblasting and high pressure hot water cleaning.The flywheel needs to make a smooth surface for the clutch.The steel clutch disc needs to sanding.All that that I got some help with.The rear brakes are ready and the rear axle nuts are fastened with cotter pins.


Brakes and worm gear

The work with the brakes takes a lot of time.I had to get some information about how the brakes are mounted according to the rear axle.I got some help with photos how the rear brakes are mounted.Next was the same problem with the hand brake installation with all the stays and clevis pin.I hope that I now have mounted it  nearly correct next step there is to buy linnings.The engine work are just now waiting for the worm gear that is mounted on the water pump axle that drives the oil pump which is connected via a worm gear to the ignition.Sounds simple!?I have also mounted old tires three of them I do not have the last tire -hope to find some.The bolts for the oilpan are now cleaned and ready to be mounted.


Rearaxel and engine

The rear axle has got a layer of paint and the Columbia text has been painted white.The universal joints both front and rear has been put togheter.The engine the aluminum part of it with the crankshaft bearing being in the right measures ready for the connecting rods.The cylinder block and the aluminum block are bolted together .The fenders are now painted ready for mounting in place.


Radiator and rearaxle

The rearaxle is now mounted and painted .New differential axle is made and also new shimms.The radiator is broken in the bottom which needs reparing.The raditor shell is sanded and brought to a shop for nickelplating. The gearbox is new bearings mounted. The rear brakes is next to restore.


Rearaxle and paintwork

The rear axle.I have got all new bearings and mounted some.The pinion has a new flange been made and waiting to get a cone hole for fitting on the pinion.The paint job continues the pillars and the window is now painted.The fenders and the side plates is waiting next to be painted.The gear box has got new bearings I have started to mount the gears back in place.


Paint and rear axle

The hood ,the front windows with the pillars and the front bar with headlight assembly is now being painted.

The valve springs are after some measure troubles home.

The floors both front and rear has been sanded and got a layer of varnish and also the other wood got a layer.The wood for the front and rear seat is now ready.

The rear axle and the pinion are new bearings been mounted the rest of the new bearings is waiting to be mounted. on the drive axles.


Frontplates and brakes

The work continues .The rear wheels has the brake drums been bolted in place.The brake band are also painted.

The front plate under the radiator has been sandblasted and fitted in place but not ready yet. The plates under the hood are new made and

not bolted to the frame and the hood springs is next to be fitted in place.



The frontaxel are now mounted with wheels.The footstep are mounted with screws.The rear fender is finally in the right place .The sideplate  has been prímed.The footstep needs to adjust more to the front fender mountings.


Springs and hubs

The front springs are mounted and ready to mount on the axel and have grease between the leaves.The rear springs are also ready to grease on the leaves and  put together with the rear axel which not is ready to mount yet. The hubs has I mounted  down and cleaned .They are also ready to mount on the wood wheels the holes for the I need to bore larger.The bearings is now been searching for perhaps could I use some of the old ones.