Started for 2016

The first start for this year went ok.

The winter job with the water pump and the generator coupling was succesfull and worked fine.The adjusting of the fan was also working proper as exepected.The transmission was also some minor adjusting work been done but there is still some problems left to solve for a smooth drive.The headlights has new lamps with new contact for full and halv light in the same socket been installed Ba15d.The step plates has not yet been mounted.

Starting with troubles

It is a couple a weeks since i updated.I have been busy…

I started the engine and it looked and sounded all right.After a short while I saw that the oil pressure was not there.Turned it of and looked after where the problem could be. First adjusting the pressure. After a couple of hours I made a new packing for the oil pump.Now I have pressure. The running board have got a rubber with aluminum trim on the sides.The reflectors are ready to mount in the headlamps.Now I started again and filling the hole water system when running the car.Then after a couple of minutes the water began to leak from the top.Stopped and draw the bolts more and than it happened that the bolts failed in there threads several of them.The only thing to do was to repair with Helicoil and even four of the bolts I needed to make new threaded bushings.

Now have I just finished with the top and draw all bolts to right measures.

ignition and upholstry

The work has stopped for a while the ignition timing has not been correct.I have tried to start but it did work for only a halve a minute then a bang!The upholstery is next step I have a help from friend who has measured and planning to do the work in January.The rear window in wood is a copy being made due to the bad shape for the original one.I am also planning to buy new rims and tires.


New parts and switch

New electrical parts most to the ignition has arrived.The manifold is now painted with “hot paint”.The switch for the key and the lights is a new copy in plastic being made.The start key function is not yet solved.The worm gear for the oil pump and water pump connection has I got new way to get information from The Moon club.Which I hope some from.The hole ignition is taken apart and cleaned .The tube for the ignition cable has been painted.


My work until 13 of September

My work in September has been about to see which model that I have of the Columbia Six.

Keith think there is the heavy model -Touring.

I made some inquires at the and in several libraries in Detroit and found that and it looks like that is the fact.

Mike have supported with measures for me to control with.


The generator is not yet finished.

The frame, cowl and the hood has been sandblasted and primed.


Next to do is to mount the frame together.