Merry Christmas and Happy New 2018.
I have been working with the transmission.After welding and mounting after several attempts.It all seems to work well.
The ahooga horn is working fine also.
I am moving all my things to a new house and garage that is why this site has not been up to date.
My other car Willys880D 1931 has also got a new looking website.
I have driven some short trips around in the neighborhood. There was still some problems with the third gear. I welded and grinded so the fork should fit better when the third gear went into driving mode.I tried a couple of times.It went better and better but not good. I dismantled the hole transmission with the clutch.I had mounted it in a test bench. I saw that the gears did not fit in because of the main gear grabbed not in to the third gear more than 5 mm. After I had adjusted that all functioned well.When I mounted it all back in place I succeed to crack the transmission house. There it stands now waiting for help with welding it in place again.
The step plates are now mounted
I wish all a Good New 2017 !
The first start for this year went ok.
The winter job with the water pump and the generator coupling was succesfull and worked fine.The adjusting of the fan was also working proper as exepected.The transmission was also some minor adjusting work been done but there is still some problems left to solve for a smooth drive.The headlights has new lamps with new contact for full and halv light in the same socket been installed Ba15d.The step plates has not yet been mounted.
The last months have I made some small trips around Mjölby.
I was to a local car meet in Ekliden about 15 km from home.
The trip to the meet went fine in the summer evening.When returning home the car suddenly stopped after 5km.The location of the problem went on having good help of passing cars with there good advices.There was only to realize that it had stoped.It was only to tow the car home after a helping hand of an A-Ford.The evening went dark and it had begun to rain.All went fine home in to the garage.
After couple a days the work begun finding the problem.When dismantling the distributor and lift it out I found that the drive wheel to the oil pump has failed and the pin was broken.Making a new one and put distributor and oil pump back .There was only to time the engine with my home made feeler in the spark plug hole.There where some trying and the hours passed away.Finally I was pleased.
Later in October I took a trip about 30 km and it all went smooth and fine.
The transmission is undertaken some repairing to find out why the third gear is sometimes failing
The step plates is not ready.
I wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
There has been a while since updating the Columbia6-site.The most of the time waiting for registration plates and insurence.I have driven the car about 100 km total and the engine has been running some more hours.I have mounted the restored choke button.I have bought step plates to mount later.Some problems with the third gear but I am working on that.Next work is to adjust the tappet clearance.